Sunday, July 17, 2011

Yeast Infection Got Worse - I Think?

First, I am 7 months pregnant. I went to my doctor and found out I had a bad yeast infection (which she said is very common when you are pregnant). She told me to use Monistat but she didnt tell me what kind to use. So I went to the drug store and they didnt have Monistat they only had the cream but they did have Vagisil 1 day treatment. I have used Vagisil before so I thought it would be okay to use, as they all have the same ingredients. Now when I say "bad" I dont mean my vagina was leaking yeast or anything but it was bad (very itchy, slight swollen, burning, slight cuts) so it wasnt fun. I took the first dose last night before bed like the instructions said. I woke up this morning and it wasnt burning at all and the itch had sort of subsided. So I was very pleased. I still put on a panty liner because I didnt want any of the treatment to leak on my pants or panties. I went to the bathroom about 4 hours later and I wiped after urinating and the whole toilet paper was filled with the cottage cheese type infection. Does that mean the treatment is pushing the yeast out, or has this gotten so much worse overnight. I have never in life seen it that bad. I inserted my finger just to check to see and my finger was covered with yeast (sorry so graphic but I want you to get the picture of what I am saying so I can get some help). Before I go to my doctor, which is very uncomfortable getting a pap smear while pregnant and with a sore vagina, should I try the 3 day or 7 day treatment or give this a few days to clear up? I am very concerned because I have never seen that much discharge in my life -- especially not coming from me. What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment